Friday, October 5, 2012

Time ... Time ... Where Does It Go?


You know, one of these days I'm going to remember that I have this on a more regular basis. After all, my mom did create a wonderful header image and layout for me.

So, since June (when I last wrote here) a few things have changed:

1) New roommates. Even though there was stress at the last moment with one of them, things are starting to hopefully balance out. I'm hoping that now I can start breathing again as I shouldn't have to be spending too much monthly to cover everything. I hate being broke all of the time. Not because I'm a shopper -- I *hate* shopping -- but just so I can have money in my bank account and know it's there. That and I've been able to put some of my statues in the main room of the house.  I no longer feel like my religion has to stay behind closed doors in my bedroom.

2) Working on my spiritual path again and the direction Isis and Seshat have been pushing me into. I've actively started working with my cards and runes again and poking at people I'm directed to. In that stream, I have a new Tarot deck that is probably going to be another working deck -- right with my Goddess and Shapeshifter Tarots. I purchased the new Witches Tarot and as with my other two main decks, things are very clear and loud when I use them. Whether they'll stay a personal deck or be used with other people remains to be seen. My Shapeshifter deck is getting a little worn around the edges and I don't want to wear it out completely since I haven't seen it for sale recently in my shop, so the Witches may take their place. I still keep my Feng Shui deck in my bag so I have one with me at all times.

3) I've finally started writing again. I'm working slowly past my blocks and issues and finally being able to accept that I can't be held responsible for the fact that I can usually write 5,000 words to another person's 500. It shouldn't be something that I feel bad about. I'm also trying once again to train my voice recognition software for those times where I need to write but my hands hurt too damn much to allow me to do so. I don't know if I'll have my first novel finally completed and submitted to a publisher by year end like I want to. but it won't be for lack of trying or guilting myself into a full-fledged writer's Fort Knox.

There's a tool I want for my writing that one of my friends suggested I do a "Words For Donations" where I agree to write a story of so many words for a minimum donation amount. Another friend suggested I offer Tarot readings for donations, too. My Goddess won't allow me to charge for readings, but donations and bartering are allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment