Sunday, October 7, 2012

Obsessively Driven

I have this thing that happens to me sometimes that I call Writer Brain or Obsessive Brain. Chey has other, less polite names for it.  I know this because she has used them often.

What happens is that when my brain goes into Writer Brain status, I get lost in whatever it is I am writing. That's the mild part because at least if I'm just lost in my writing, I'm not hurting myself except for the forgetting to eat or drink thing. Chey is more accepting of this weirdness because I will usually have something to drink next to me and if she's around, she keeps checking to make sure the levels are changing.

The times when Obsessive Brain kicks in is a lot less calm. When my brain goes into this mode I *have* to achieve whatever it is that is in my brain and I can't stop until I am either done or too weak and exhausted to move. My mind drives at me so much that I honestly can't seem to stop.  I try.  I try to interrupt the drive by doing something else or laying down, but within five minutes I'm fidgetty and I have to get back to doing whatever is stuck in my mind. I can't stop it and the doctors can't seem to, either. We're pretty sure that it's related to the Chiari and how much damage was done before the condition was finally arrested.  Not cured, but arrested. There is no cure for Chiari.

The thing that Obsessive Brain has been pushing at me lately to do is FIND the disks or DVDs that I know have backups of my writing and poetry from years ago.  I know they're here somewhere because I have seen them.  I just can't seem to find them. I have boxes stacked against the wall in my study that I keep wanting to go through to find these writings and also get rid of some stuff so my study isn't so cluttered and messy.  (I need more room for a new desk and at least one new bookcase). I want the room to be cleaned and organized so I can get a non-broken desk to sit at my computer when I'm writing in depth novel stuff instead of bending over my laptop when I'm not feeling well.  (That's another thing the NEO2 will allow me to do.  It's so light that I can lay propped up in my bed during the really bad pain times and balance it on my stomach and lap to write.)

So today, since I had such a bad pain day yesterday and the pain has only eased up about a third, I'm trying to resist giving into Obsessive Brain again and let myself relax.

One more thing, I decided to take a breath and try to put myself out there to raise the needed funds for my NEO2 and for Thanksgiving.

Tarot Readings And Stories

If you can contribute in some way, I'd very much appreciate it.  If you can't, then could you please boost the signal for me? That's appreciated, too.

I think for right now that I am curling up with a book, a remote control and my cats...

No comments:

Post a Comment